Inca Colors uses 100% baby alpaca. Baby alpaca is a lightweight, durable, and hypoallergenic fiber with a soft and luxurious feel. The term "baby" refers to the fineness of the fiber, not the age of the alpaca. Alpaca fiber has a hollow core, allowing the warmth from your body to insulate you. This fiber property also allows alpaca garments to breathe in warmer situations.
All of our alpaca is sourced from Michell, a socially responsible company based in Peru. Read more about Michell at: michell.com.pe
ALPACA GARMENT CARE
- Hand wash gently in a basin with cool water.
- Use a mild soap or baby shampoo. Do not use Woolite.
- Swirl gently. Do not agitate.
- Rinse with cool water. Changing temperature may cause felting.
- Gently press out water. Do not wring or twist.
- Lay item on towel and roll to squeeze out excess moisture.
- Shape item and lay flat on dry towel.
- Once dry, you may use steam to remove wrinkles or to reshape.
ALPACA GARMENT STORAGE
- Make sure item is dry and clean before storing.
- Lay flat or folded. Do not hang.
- Store in a cardboard box, paper bag, or pillow case to allow for circulation.
- Lavender, cedar chips, or other natural moth repellants are recommended.
- Moths are attracted to sheep's wool and cashmere, so storing your items far away from these fibers is best.